- (使)出来,(使)出去:
You work too hard!You should get out a bit more!
你工作太辛苦了!你应该多出去活动活动!
- 取出(钉子等),除掉:
I can't get this nail out, it is too tight.
我取不出钉子,它太紧了。
- 清洗,除去(污渍等):
This special cleaning liquid should get that spot of oil out.
这种特殊的清洗液应该可以洗掉那块油渍。
- (使)下车:
If you haven't paid for your ride, out you get!
你如果没有买票,就请下车吧!
- (从隐藏处、贮存处等)取出,拿出:
I'll get some clean sheets out for you.
我为你拿一些干净的床单出来。
- (从图书馆)借出(书籍);(从银行)提取(钱款):
I shall have to go to the bank again and get some more money out.
我将不得不再回银行多提些钱。
- (使)离开,(使)离去;(使)解脱:
When the fighting broke out, George thought it better to get out before it was too late, so he came back to England.
当战争爆发时,乔治认为最好还是趁早离开,因此他就回到了英国。
- (使)逃出,(使)逃脱;(使液体、气体)漏出:
The rabbits have got out from their cages again, and are eating all the vegetables in the garden.
兔子又从笼子里逃出来了,它们正在园子里吃着所有的蔬菜。
- (秘密、消息等)被泄露:
We must not let news about this secret invention get out.
我们决不能让这项秘密发明的消息泄露出去。
- 听到,探听出;盘问:
They tried to get out her secret but she did not speak.
他们设法探听出她的秘密,但她就是不说。
- (从某活动、做某事中)获得:
When you take part in any performance, you get out as much as you put in.
你参加任何活动,你投入多少力量就会得到多少收获。
- (困难地)说出;竭力说出:
The speaker was so nervous that he could hardly get out more than a sentence.
发言者紧张得几乎连一句话也说不出来。
- 把…付印,出版,发行:
We'll have to get this pamphlet out before next week.
我们必须在下星期前把这本小册子发出去。
- 准备好;做出;寄出,送出:
I have to go and work, I must get out my next speech.
我必须回去工作了,我一定要准备好我的下一个发言稿。
- 计算出:
These days, scientists use computers to help them to get out the difficult calculation concerned with space travel.
当今,科学家借助计算机计算与空间飞行有关的计算难题。
- 使值勤;使值班;使上班:
Sorry to get you out at this late hour,doctor,but Mother became suddenly ill in the middle of the night.
医生,对不起,这么晚了请你出诊,母亲半夜突然发病了。
- 使停止工作;使罢工:
If we get all the workers out, we may be able to force the government to act.
如果我们使所有的工人罢工,就可能迫使政府采取行动。
- 【板球】使(击球手)出局