🔑pre·ferBrE/prɪˈfɜː(r)/NAmE/prɪˈfɜːr/verbpresent simple - I / you / we / theypreferBrE/prɪˈfɜː(r)/NAmE/prɪˈfɜːr/present simple - he / she / itprefersBrE/prɪˈfɜːz/NAmE/prɪˈfɜːrz/past simplepreferredBrE/prɪˈfɜːd/NAmE/prɪˈfɜːrd/past participlepreferredBrE/prɪˈfɜːd/NAmE/prɪˈfɜːrd/past simplepreferringBrE/prɪˈfɜːrɪŋ/NAmE/prɪˈfɜːrɪŋ/past participlepreferringBrE/prɪˈfɜːrɪŋ/NAmE/prɪˈfɜːrɪŋ/ () tolikeonethingorpersonbetterthananother; tochooseonethingratherthansthelsebecauseyoulikeitbetter较喜欢;喜欢…多于…◆~sth'Coffeeortea?''I'dprefertea, thanks.'“要咖啡还是茶?” “我要茶,谢谢。”◆Imuchpreferjazztorockmusic. 我喜欢爵士乐远胜过摇滚乐。◆Iwouldpreferitifyoudidn'ttellanyone. 我希望你别告诉任何人。◆Alocalfirmistobepreferred. 选一家当地的公司更好。◆~sth+ adj.Iprefermycoffeeblack. 我喜欢不加奶的咖啡。◆~todosthThedonorpreferstoremainanonymous. 捐赠者希望自己的姓名不被公开。◆Iprefernottothinkaboutit. 我不想考虑此事。◆~sb/sthtodosthWouldyouprefermetostay? 你愿意我留下来吗?◆~doingsthIpreferplayingindefence. 我喜欢打防守。◆~that…(formal) Iwouldpreferthatyoudidnotmentionmyname. 我希望你不要说出我的名字。●bring/press/preferˈchargesagainstsb(law法律) toaccusesbformallyofacrimesothattherecanbeatrialincourt起诉;控告Consonant-doubling verbsbob,club,dub,grab,rub,sob,throbkid,nod,pad,plod,prod,shred,skid,thudbeg,blog,bug,drag,drug,flag,hug,jog,log,mug,nag,plugbar,confer,infer,occur,prefer,refer,star,stir,transferacquit,admit,allot,chat,clot,commit,jut,knit,pat,regret,rot,spot,submit(in British English:) appal,cancel,channel,control,counsel,enrol,equal,excel,fuel,fulfil,label,level,marvel,model,pedal,quarrel,signal,travelExpressing a preference表达喜好
These are ways of stating what your preferred choice is. Note that we sometimes discount our own expertise or authority before expressing our preference.面对选择时,表达自己更喜欢某事物,可用以下方式。需要注意的是在表达喜好之前,有时会先表明自己的选择并非代表专家或权威的意见:
◆I like the red one better than/more than the green one.比起那个绿色的,我更喜欢红的。
◆I prefer beef to lamb.我喜欢牛肉胜于羊肉。
◆I'd prefer to wait here.我宁愿在这儿等。
◆I'd rather go to the concert than the play.与看戏相比,我更愿意去听音乐会。
◆I think I'd rather stay in than go out tonight.今晚我想待在家里,不想外出。
◆I like swimming better than jogging.比起慢跑,我更喜欢游泳。
◆I think that colour's much more attractive.我觉得那种颜色好看多了。
◆It doesn't really matter to me whether we eat here or go out. (especiallyNAmE) 我们在这儿吃还是出去吃,我真无所谓。
◆I don't really mind whether we talk now or later. (BrE) 我们是现在谈还是以后谈,我不大在意。
◆I'm happy either way.(NAmE) (两个之中)无论哪一个我都乐意。
◆I don't really care either way.(这两个)我都无所谓。
◆If it were up to me, I'd choose the green one.如果让我来选,我会选那个绿色的。
◆If you ask me, the old one looks better than the new one.要问我的话,旧的那个看起来比新的好。
◆I'm not an expert but Design B seems more eye-catching.我不是专家,但 B 设计似乎更抢眼。