You are more likely to get what you want if you can ask for it politely. Here are some ways of asking whether you may do something.礼貌的请求更可能达成愿望,以下是询问是否可以做某事的一些表达方式:
◆Would you mind if I opened the window?你会介意我开窗吗?
◆Could I possibly borrow your phone?我借你的电话用一下好吗?
◆I hate to ask, but could I please borrow your phone? (NAmE) 冒昧打扰了,我能借你的电话用一下吗?
◆Do you happen to have a pair of gloves I could borrow for the evening?你有没有适合出席晚会的手套可以借给我?
◆Would it be all right if I left five minutes early?我提前五分钟离开可以吗?
◆Is there any chance that we could stay at your house the night before our flight?我们有没有可能在航班出发的前一天晚上住在你家?
◆Would it be OK to leave my bag here?我把包留在这儿行吗?
Responses回应:
◆Yes, of course.好的,当然可以。
◆Go ahead.可以。
◆That's fine.没问题。
◆I'd rather you didn't, if you don't mind.如果你不介意的话,最好别这么做。
◆I'd prefer it if you asked somebody else.也许你问问别人更好。
◆If there's someone else you can ask, I'd be grateful.请您再问问其他人。
[C, usually pl.]anofficialwrittenstatementallowingsbtodosth许可证;书面许可◆Thepublisherisresponsibleforobtainingthenecessarypermissionstoreproduceillustrations. 出版者负责取得准许复制插图的必要许可文件。➡ see alsoplanning permission