|
|
PRONOUN |
|
|
/ɪt/ |
|
|
| |
1 | used for referring to a thing , situation , place , animal etc when it has already been mentioned or when it is obvious which one you are referring to (用于指代上文提到或交际双方互明的物品、情形、地方或动物等)它,这,那 |
| I can’ t find my ticket. I think I must have lost it. 我找不到我的票。我想我一定是把它弄丢了。 |
| Don’ t do it again. 别再那样做。 |
| Her dog was howling at the door, so he let it in. 她的狗在门口狂吠,于是他让它进去了。 |
| You should come to Rome – it’ s a wonderful city. 你应该到罗马来,这是个奇妙的城市。 |
| If you’ d come along and support us, we’ d really appreciate it. 如果你能前来支持我们,我们真的会为此感激不尽。 |
| 1a | used for referring to a baby or very young child when it has already been mentioned or when it is obvious which one you are referring to (用于指代上文提到或交际双方互明的婴儿或幼童)他,她 | | Is it a boy or a girl? 是男孩还是女孩? | |
| |
2 | used instead of the subject of a sentence , when the real subject is a phrase or clause at the end of the sentence (用作句子的形式主语,而真正主语为句末的短语或分句) |
| It’ s nice to be home again. 再回到家里真好。 |
| It’ s strange that she never mentioned the wedding. 很奇怪她从未提起婚礼的事。 |
| It annoys me to hear people blaming everything on the government. 我很讨厌听到人们把每件事都责怪到政府的头上。 |
| It’ s always sad saying goodbye to someone you love. 对你爱的人说再见总是令人忧伤。 |
| 2a | used after a verb in place of the object , when the real object is a phrase or clause at the end of the sentence (用作动词的形式宾语,而真正的宾语为句末的短语或分句) | | The new law made it easier to get a divorce. 这项新法令使离婚变得更容易。 | | I find it amazing that anyone should want to listen to such rubbish. 我觉得很惊讶,竟然有人想听这种废话。 | |
| 2b | used for saying that you like , hate etc a particular type of situation or experience 喜欢/讨厌/热衷某类事 | | I hate it when people talk about me behind my back. 我讨厌人们在背后议论我。 | |
| 2c | used for saying what seems to be true 似乎/看上去/显得 | | It seems that no one is willing to accept responsibility for what happened. 似乎没有人愿意为所发生的事承担责任。 | | It looks as if we’ re going to lose our jobs. 看来我们要失业了。 | |
| |
3 | used for referring to someone’ s life , work , or general situation (用于指代某人的生活、工作或概况) |
| What’ s it like in the army these days? 现在军队里的生活怎么样? |
| He’ s been having it pretty easy up to now. 直到目前他工作得都很得心应手。 |
| |
4 | used for talking about the weather , the temperature , or the light (用于谈论天气、气温或光线) |
| It rained in the night. 夜里下了雨。 |
| It’ s a glorious day. 天气真好啊。 |
| It’ s cooler indoors. 屋内更凉快。 |
| It gets dark at around five. 天在5点左右暗下来。 |
| |
5 | used for saying or asking what the time , day , or date is (用于谈论或询问时间、星期和日期) |
| ‘What time is it?’ ‘It’ s four o’ clock.’ “现在几点?”“4点。” |
| It was nearly midnight when we got home. 我们到家时已近午夜。 |
| It was 1985, and Sally had just graduated from high school. 那是1985年,萨莉正好高中毕业。 |
| Thank goodness it’ s Saturday tomorrow. 谢天谢地,明天是星期六。 |
| |
6 | used for saying how large a distance is (用于谈论距离) |
| It’ s about ten miles from here to Plymouth. 从这儿到普利茅斯大约有10英里。 |
| |
7 | used with the verb ‘to be’ for emphasizing that you are referring to a particular person , thing , time , or place (与动词to be 连用,表示对特定的人、事、时间或地点的强调) |
| It’ s your brother I want to speak to. 我是想和你兄弟说话。 |
| It was a year ago today that I started working here. 一年前的今天我开始在这儿工作。 |
| |
8 | spoken used for telling someone who you are , or asking who someone else is , especially on the telephone (用于指称自己或询问对方是谁,尤指在电话里) |
| Hello, it’ s me, Geoffrey. 你好,是我,杰弗里。 |
| ‘There’ s someone here to see you.’ ‘Who is it?’ “这儿有人想见你。”“是谁?” |
| |
9 | used in some expressions for referring to the thing that you want someone to do (用于指称希望他人做的事情) |
| Stop it. You’ re hurting me. 快停下。你弄伤我了。 |
| Jump to it! There’ s no time to lose. 赶快!没时间可浪费了。 |
| Get on with it. 快一点儿。 |
| |
10 | mainly spoken an ability or quality that is needed in order to do something 能力;素质;潜质 |
| We’ ll soon find out if you’ re any good as an actor. Either you’ ve got it or you haven’ t. 我们很快就会发现你是否适合作演员,你要么有潜质要么没有。 |
| 10a | the quality of being sexually attractive 性感 | | She’ s definitely got it – the guys are all crazy about her. 她真是性感十足,小伙子们都为她着迷。 | |
| |
11 | very informal used for referring to the activity of having sex , especially when you do not want to say this directly (尤指婉转地指性交)那种事 |
| They were together all night, but did they actually do it? 他们整晚都在一起,但他们真做了那种事吗? |
PHRASE |
- | it’ s not that...it’ s just that |
| used when you are explaining why you are doing something |
| 不是…只是… |
| |
| It’ s not that I don’ t love you, it’ s just that I want to be free to live my own life. 不是我不爱你,只是我想自由地按我的方式生活。 |
| |
|