too
adverb/tuː/
/tuː/
Idioms (用于形容词和副词前)太,过于,过度 - He's far too young to go on his own.
他年纪太小,不能独自一人去。 - She was much too big to be carried.
她太大了,抱不动了。 - This is too large a helping for me/This helping is too large for me.
这一份太多,我吃不了。 - Is it too much to ask for a little quiet?
请略微安静一点儿,这个要求过分吗? - The dress was too tight for me.
这件连衣裙我穿太瘦了。 - It's too late to do anything about it now.
现在进行任何补救都为时太晚。 - Accidents like this happen all too (= much too) often.
这类事故发生得太频繁了。 - It’s too soon to say if he’ll survive.
现在说他是否能活下来还为时过早。 - It’s only too easy for them to deny responsibility.
他们很容易否认责任。 - The room was a bit too cramped for the three of us.
房间对于我们三个人来说有点太狭窄了。 - For most people treatment is just too expensive.
对于大多数人来说,治疗费用太昂贵。 - You can never have too many friends.
朋友再多也不嫌多。 - Some patients had to wait too long for an appointment.
有些患者需要等待很长时间才能预约。
- He's far too young to go on his own.
也;又;还 - Can I come too?
我也可以来吗? - When I've finished painting the bathroom, I'm going to do the kitchen too.
我油漆完浴室后,还要油漆厨房。
Which Word? also / as well / tooalso / as well / toosee also me-too- Also is more formal than as well and too, and it usually comes before the main verb or after be:
- I went to New York last year, and I also spent some time in Washington.
我去年去了纽约,还在华盛顿待了些时间。
- ‘I’m going home now.’ ‘I’ll come too.’.
“现在我要回家了。” “我也一起走。”
- I went to New York last year, and I also spent some time in Washington.
- When you want to add a second negative point in a negative sentence, use not…either:
- She hasn’t phoned and she hasn’t written either.
她没来过电话,也没有写信。
- You can have a burger, but you can’t have fries as well.
你可以吃汉堡包,但不可以同时又吃炸薯条。
- She hasn’t phoned and she hasn’t written either.
- Can I come too?
非常;很;极其 - I'm not too sure if this is right.
这是否正确,我没有太大把握。 - I'm just going out—I won't be too long.
我正要出去,用不了多长时间。 - Mary will be only too glad to help.
玛丽会非常乐意帮忙的。 - She's none too (= not very) clever.
她不很聪明。 - potential customers who will not be too pleased about your lack of attention.
潜在客户不会因为你的缺乏关注而感到太高兴。 - It's unlikely anyone's going to be too concerned about a little thing like that.
不太可能有人会太关心这样的小事。 - Our roads aren't too bad.
我们的路况还不错。
- I'm not too sure if this is right.
- used to comment on something that makes a situation worse
(评说某事物使情况更糟)而且,还 - She broke her leg last week—and on her birthday too!
她上星期把腿摔断了,而且还是在她生日那一天!
- She broke her leg last week—and on her birthday too!
- used to emphasize something, especially your anger, surprise or agreement with something
(用以强调生气、惊奇或同意等) - ‘He did apologize eventually.’ ‘I should think so too!’
“他终于道歉了。”“我想他应该如此!” - ‘She gave me the money.’ ‘About time too!’
“她把那钱给我了。”“早该这样!”
- ‘He did apologize eventually.’ ‘I should think so too!’
Word OriginOld English, stressed form of to, spelled too from the 16th cent.
Idioms
be too much (for somebody)
- to need more skill or strength than you have; to be more difficult, annoying, etc. than you can bear
非…力所能及;非…所能忍受
too right
- (British English, informal) used to say that there is no doubt about something
毫无疑问;一点不错;对极啦 - ‘We need to stick together.’ ‘Too right!’
“我们得团结一致。”“对极啦!” - ‘I'll have to do it again.’ ‘Too right you will.’
“我得再做一次。”“你说得一点不错。”
- ‘We need to stick together.’ ‘Too right!’